Thursday, May 29, 2008

Spring?

So i've been in Alaska for almost 2 weeks.  It is still pretty chilly.  The other night i was going home from work and it was 41 degrees.  I actually got brain freeze riding my scooter.  I am staying at a house about 12 miles out of town for the next 4 days until my cabin is available.  It has running water.  There are 4 other girls living there from my church.  

I have already planned my first backpacking trip for this coming tuesday and wednesday night.  I met  a couple girls that want to go backpacking but never have and so we are going to go on this hike called Chena Dome.  It is a 30 mile hike that is mostly steep hills.  There is a plane crash wreckage at the top somewhere that is 50 years old.  The pilot died in the crash.  We are goign to be gone for 2 nights.  I will definately post some pictures.  I am excited though because i have never been on a hike where i was the most experienced.  So this will be a new experience for me.  I hope i don't get us lost or we don't starve to death. 

I don't have anything more exciting to report.  if you haven't scrolled all the way down the page there are some pictures i already posted.  

1 comment:

Terry said...

Hey Scooter Have fun on your hike. Dad