Monday, May 19, 2008

Day 1, 2, 3

Ok so this is my first blog ever.  I have way too many people to tell about my travels to email everyone individually to tell the same stuff 37 times.  So i will tell of my adventures on this thing and that way i can tell about my trips and adventures.  Please email and i will email you back personally not as a mass.  But this way i can tell the story once.

So here I am in Alaska.  It has been a long 8 months to get here.  The flight was so very long and Puma did very well.  he did not like the taking off part.  My whole family was at the airport with big signs to welcome me.  it was 9:00 p.m.  AK time and after settling puma into my sauna (pictures to come) my mom, sister and her fiance sean went out to eat.  It was 11:30 p.m.  by the time i was back at my sauna and it was still sunny and bright as day.  It was so strange.  Silly me was not thinking about that part so i packed my head lamp, flashlight and tent light.  I have not seen darkness since Friday in MN.

Sunday was Riana's bridal shower and we went to this place called Angel Rock.  It is a really fun quick 3 mile hike up to the top of a big hill  to these granite tors that are sticking up out of the ground.  We did some bouldering and did not get killed.  Then we went to a natural Hot Springs for the rest of the evening.  It was fabulous.  We grilled caribou, hunted by two of the girls that were there.  It was really yummy.  

I experienced my first scooter ride in the rain.  I went about 2 blks and turned around.  I need to better prepare myself for rain.  hope it doesn't rain again until i can get some rain gear and a face shield for my helmet.  Fairbanks doesn't really have small residential streets like st. paul with little traffic.  everything is like Snelling or univeristy, lexington and such.  So it was a little scary at first with a big semi on my tail.  I am getting better at it.  

I start work at the Pumphouse tomorrow and am excited to get myself established independently from my family and meet some people.  Things are going good so far and am really happy to be here.




No comments: